Our products require great care in handling and an exacting attention to detail. We are seeking new craftspeople for our fabrication, upholstery, and finishing areas. Our ideal candidate has experience in a manufacturing environment or the construction trade or an equivalent education/training. Candidates must have a mechanical aptitude and good math skills. This position is a five day work week with occasional overtime required.
- This position works first shift: 6 am - 2 pm
- Performs a variety of metalworking, coating, and assembly tasks, which may include kitting, prepping, finishing (filing, sculpting), bending, welding, powder coating / testing, assembly, packing, etc.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools
- Follows production schedule and performs all work in accordance with Company quality, security, safety, and toxic organic plans, procedures, and standards
- Cross-trains to perform multiple tasks as assigned
- Follows all Company practices, policies, and procedures in all assignments
- Performs all work in accordance with Company standards and safety requirements
- Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE), including safety shoes and glasses, and optional PPE such as hearing and breathing protection depending on tasks being performed
- Demonstrates problem solving and decision making abilities related to individual tasks and department performance objectives
- Inspects completed work in accordance with Company standards
- Maintains excellent attendance to ensure responsibilities are achieved
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least one year of experience in a manufacturing environment or in the construction trade or equivalent education/training
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and knowledge of shop math required
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must have good problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be willing and able to wear the required PPE when performing duties
- Must have excellent eye-hand coordination
- Must be able to bend, stand, and sit for extended periods; walk; and lift up to 70 pounds unassisted on a regular basis
- Must be able to work in a production facility without air conditioning and with production noises and dust
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime as required
About Our Company
McKinnon and Harris is the leading manufacturer of high performance aluminum outdoor furniture for estates, gardens, and yachts in the US and abroad. A family owned company founded in 1991, McKinnon and Harris has devoted the last quarter century to pioneering techniques in aluminum in order to create their enduring furniture.
Innovation, artisan craftsmanship with uncompromising standards, and the highest quality materials have always distinguished McKinnon and Harris. The furniture is produced to exacting standards in their Richmond, Virginia workshop by master craftspeople. The company is noted worldwide for their adherence to exceptional standards, and their small workshop is a well-kept secret known to connoisseurs and designers and architects working at the highest level. McKinnon and Harris is regarded as the gold standard for luxury outdoor furniture and is appreciated and sought after by discerning high profile clients worldwide.
McKinnon and Harris offers exceptional benefits which include a bonus, 401K and profit sharing plan, top health and dental plans, health savings account, life insurance and vacation.
We'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].